
This website can be found at http://hair-heads.co.uk/ and can be used as an excellent resource for students studying NVQ levels 1, 2 and 3. The website provides links to detailed information on all the main units of the NVQs.
The website is growing fast and has been updated over the summer to accommodate for all the current areas of study. I have already used the website as a resource in my teaching during 2007 / 2008 and intend to use it again next year. I can include links to the website in my PowerPoint Presentations or I can go straight to the website. I found the definitions of cutting techniques very useful as it is often difficult to give clear explanations of these to the students. I also linked information on the colour wheel and the International colour code (ICC) to my presentations to give a visual picture to the students. I have included the URL in handouts as well to encourage learners to refer to the website and use it as an online handbook.
The only down side for me is that the information does not directly relate to the level 2 Diploma course that I teach, as most of the performance criteria is very different. Hopefully over the next three years as the qualifications expand Hair-Heads will broaden their website to cater for these new diplomas.
1 comment:
Hi we have added this to the College list of resources for hairdressing for you. Let the Learning Centre know if you find any other great ones.
Post a Comment